Monday, June 25, 2012

Brownie Points...

So I finally peeled off my pajamas got all dressed up and snuck up to my school yesterday to work with my teacher bestie on aligning last year's lesson plans to next year's Common Core. (That was a mouthful--did you follow that? I teach real good...) We had BIG dreams to knock it all out in one day. Needless to say, we'll be back today. And tomorrow. And the next day. Shoot, the only reason we aren't going in on Friday is because the building won't have any air! So much to do! We both looked over all of our stuff from last year and just felt BLAH about it all, so now we are going to recreate lessons for Language Arts for the ENTIRE SCHOOL YEAR. What is wrong with us?!?

Eh. So back to the point of this post...We kept having questions/technology issues/needing more books all day long. Which meant we kept bugging people--the principal, computer man, 8th grade teacher, etc. They were so helpful, so they're going to get a little treat tomorrow. A "sweet" treat if you will...



Want to say thank you (and sorry for bugging you) to the summer staff at your school too? I posted the FREE template for the sweet labels here. FYI--I printed two to a page, and that fits perfectly on a small zip-lock baggie.


Oh! And...Look, Ma, no pajamas! I broke my 2...er, 4... day streak!



Why yes, that IS a blow pop that I'm eating at 7:00 in the morning. It's summer!

~Ansley

4 comments:

  1. That's right...it is summer :) Glad I'm not the only one who's been in pjs a lot lately!

    Haley
    Following Optimism in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love summer for the fact that we can wear pjs all day if we want to :) I love the name of your blog. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

    Heidi
    My (Not So) Elementary Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the QR Code scavenger hunt for students. I am OBSESSED with QR Codes. As the lead mentor at my school and having so many new teachers this year I created a school scavenger hunt similar to this for the new teachers! I am so excited for them to do it at our first meeting. BTW it makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one staying in my pajamas for days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to come n her blouse

    ReplyDelete