Thursday, June 21, 2012

I DIY Inside.

I've been crafting up a storm inside of our little apartment lately, and I want to prove it to the world* (read: to my husband) that I've been doing other things beside staying in my pjs, eating bon bons, and watching Real Housewives of (fill in the blank with any city--I ain't picky) all day. Hello. I believe it's called "multi-tasking". I digress... I'm going to show one of my home crafty things first. (I'm saving my school crafty things for next week's Monday Made It on Fourth Grade Frolics. My first link up! I'm already nervous!)

Here is the Fabric-Covered Canvas with a Button Initial. (Hey, I'm not sure of the actual name--I just spied it on Pinterest!)



Basically, I just wrapped a canvas with chevron (my fav!) fabric and hot glued it to the back. Then, I traced a wooden T (that I pulled off of our wall) onto the fabric.


Next, I painted the T yellow and then started gluing down the buttons. So easy! Well, it would've been easy if I had enough yellow buttons... I ran out about halfway through. Being the lazy sloth that I am, I refused to drive 4 minutes to Hobby Lobby for more yellow buttons. Instead I painstakingly mixed the perfect color of yellow paint (not fun) and then proceed to paint purple, green, and orange buttons yellow. It took THREE coats! Which took about THREE hours to dry! Ridiculous, I tell you.Why didn't I just go buy more?? Anywho, I'm happy with how it turned out. It matches our Sunny Clouds (official name) bedroom perfectly.


Love! Now, back to RHONY/A/OC/NJ/DJALKNLEW:UIOADNSKADSAKL! :)
~Ansley

No comments:

Post a Comment